The Droitwich Spa Food & Drink Festival 16th and 17th June
This year The Droitwich Spa Food & Drink Festival takes place in the Lido Park Droitwich Spa on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th June. There is something for everyone in this lovely venue:
- 100 food & drink stalls
- Entertainment in the main bandstand all day
- Sit down area to enjoy food & drink and music
- Demonstration cookery theatre featuring GBO Finalist Steven Carter-Bailey and local chefs
- Free entertainment for children
Steven Carter-Bailey will officially open the festival together with Nigel Huddleston MP on the Saturday morning at 10am along with meeting and greeting festival goers.
100 food & drink stalls
The food & drink stalls feature a wide range of products and many have won awards for the quality of their products. In addition nearly 90% are local as in within a 30 mile radius of Droitwich Spa.
The entertainment in the bandstand features local singers, bands and choirs so lots to keep people entertained during the day. So buy your food from the large variety of stalls around the park and sit back and enjoy.
In addition to Steven Carter-Bailey, local chefs and food producers will give demonstrations on a range of food dishes.
This year we have a special area for children’s entertainment and the majority of it is free thanks to the generous sponsorship by Worcestershire County Council and Wychavon District Council. Bouncy Castles, Award Winning Madame Zucchini, Discovery History and find out what the Romans Ate when they lived in Droitwich, Face Painting and A Smoothie Bike so you can peddle away and make yourself a delicious fruit smoothie. Or try your hand at learning to play tennis on the tennis courts where Droitwich Tennis Club will be organising games on the brand new tennis courts.
So make it a great family day out in the fabulous setting of the historic Lido Park in Droitwich Spa. The Droitwich Spa Food & Drink Festival has become one of the main events in the town during the summer and is fast building a reputation as one of the leading foodie festivals in the Midlands.
Some key facts about the festival:
- The festival this year will be a 2 day event taking place in the Lido Park Droitwich on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th
- Completely free to enter festival – bit of a rarity these days!
- A quality Food & Drink festival with a strong emphasis on “local” food & drink produce
- Around 100 exhibitors with a wide range of food & drink and related products
- A demonstration kitchen featuring Steven Carter-Bailey and local chefs and food & drink producers
- Live entertainment throughout the day
- A “Kids Zone” with free access to activities
The Droitwich Spa Food & Drink Festival is run by a committee of volunteer representatives and is supported by Wychavon District Council and Worcestershire County Council and Local Businesses. If you would like to find out more please contact the organisers or visit the website www.droitwichspafestival.co.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org.