Guest Chef Steven’s Favourite Recipe: Coffee, Biscoff and Chocolate Cheesecake
Guest chef Steven Carter-Bailey, finalist of the Great British Bake Off 2017, has provided the Festival with some if his favourite recipes. Here we have:
Coffee, Biscoff and Chocolate Cheesecake
For the base;
- 250g Digestive biscuits
- 100g Unsalted Butter – melted
- 1 Heaped dessert spoon of Biscoff (optional)
For the cheesecake mix;
- 300ml Double cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 400g Full fat cream cheese
- 200g Mascarpone cheese
- 200g Biscoff
- 175 Icing sugar
- 2 tsp Instant coffee dissolved in a little water
- 25g Dark chocolate – grated
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the butter and BIscoff and blitz to combine. Spread the mix evenly over the base of a 23cm spring form cake tin and use a spoon to press it down gently. Refrigerate until cool.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl combine the cream cheese, mascarpone, Biscoff, icing sugar, vanilla and dissolved coffee.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mix and spread this evenly over the biscuit base, using a palette knife to smooth the top.
- Grate over the chocolate and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, or overnight.
- To remove from the tin, warm the sides gently with your hands and unclip the latch. Transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate, slice and serve.